- What does doctype mean?
- Doctype (Document Type Declaration), Document Type with Turkish; Is a notification tag that is used to tell the internet browser which type of page your web page belongs to when making internet pages. With this tag you can tell your internet browser which HTML version you are using when designing your page and you can make your internet site display ideal on all internet browsers.
- The doctype must be correctly identified in order for the internet to be displayed optimally on all internet browsers, and after the identification, the scanners should be tested to recognize this file type. If you do not define a Doctype tag in your page, the internet browser will interpret your page in keeping with the general standards, which will probably cause your internet page to not be reflected on the screen as it should be displayed.
- In other words, one of the most important reasons why webmasters frequently live in different Chrome in Safari is that the doctype is not specified correctly and the internet browser is left unannounced. However, when you use the correct Doctype tag, the internet browser will correctly understand the type of your page and will reflect it on the screen in the correct way.
- Doctype HTML
- The reason for the emergence of doctype is that in the early years of the internet web standards have not been determined by certain institutions. We would call it the dark periods of the Internet, and in this era, people were trying to be able to code somehow from the correct code. Just as it is in the coding, the differences in the internet browsers cause the pages to be interpreted differently.
- For this reason, the Doctype solution has been proposed, which is a very simple solution to get rid of the version problem. It has been decided that the doctype should be defined at the top of the <html> tag of the site and no other data should be placed on the doctype. Thus, the type of page can be more easily determined by first scanning the Doctype of the internet pages by the browser.
- Reinforce the use of Doctype by creating an HTML page that uses a doctype with a simple example;
<! DOCTYPE html>
<Title> Title – What is the Wik </ title>
<a> Page content </a>
- You probably know the version values you need to use to define the doctype. The doctype HTML formats that can be used for HTML files should be as follows;
- Doctype code for HTML5
- <! DOCTYPE html>
- Doctype code for HTML 4.01 Strict
- <! DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “- // W3C // DTD HTML 4.01 // EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd”>
- Doctype code for HTML 4.01 Transitional
- <! DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “- // W3C // DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional // EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd”>
- Doctype code for HTML 4.01 Frameset
- <! DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “- // W3C // DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset // EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd”>
- Doctype code for XHTML 1.0 Strict
- <! DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “- // W3C // DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict // EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd”>
- Doctype code for XHTML 1.0 Transitional
- <! DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “- // W3C // DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional // EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd”>
- Doctype code for XHTML 1.0 Frameset
- <! DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “- // W3C // DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset // EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd”>
- Doctype code for XHTML 1.1
- <! DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “- // W3C // DTD XHTML 1.1 // EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd”>
- Doctype HTML5
- HTML5 is a new generation HTML version that is both the most suitable and the most widely accepted for today’s standards. With HTML5, codes no longer stand out from the old standards and become much simpler and more useful. As you can see from the examples above, it is very easy and effortless to determine the doctype for a page encoded with HTML5. To do a doctype definition in HTML5, type the <! DOCTYPE html> tag before the <html> tag, which will be sufficient to let the browser know that the page is prepared with HTML5 standards.